Titus County Appraisal District recently selected BIS Consulting to provide GIS maintenance services for the District. GIS maintenance protects Titus County’s original investment in GIS and ensures they continue to receive maximum value for that investment. Click here to learn more about our GIS services.
BIS Consulting is an approved vendor for many apartment complexes throughout the DFW area with Compliance Depot . BIS Consulting provides computer support for apartment management companies and complexes throughout the DFW area.
Great article on troubleshooting DNS issues. 30% of our IT calls are from people not understanding how DNS works or configured it incorrectly. Here is an article that should help those understand or troubleshoot the issue.
18th Annual Conference of the Texas Rural Chief Appraisers, Inc.
November 13-15, 2011
Omni Austin Hotel – South Park
4140 Governor’s Row
Austin, Texas 78744
Come by and visit our booth!
Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot provider selected returned: “Unexpected provider error”.
If you are seeing this error in Backup Exec
” – AOFO: Initialization failure on: “D:”. Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS). V-79-10000-11226
– VSS Snapshot error. The Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot provider selected returned: “Unexpected provider error”.
Ensure that all provider services are enabled and can be started. Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.”
Try the below solutions that resolved my backup issues:
Make sure that VSS hardware providers are operating properly
To make sure that VSS hardware providers are operating properly:
- Open an elevated Command Prompt. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
- Type vssadmin list providers, and then press Enter.
- If a provider is missing from the list of registered providers, try reinstalling it.
- For each provider that appears in the list, use the vssadmin create shadow command to create a shadow copy of the volume for which the provider is responsible. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=105248.
- If a provider is unable to create a shadow copy, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=102491. You should provide the entire event log message as it appears in the Event Viewer.
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that the Volume Shadow Copy Service is started:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
- In the results pane, double-click Volume Shadow Copy.
- In Service status, make sure that the status is Started. If the status is not Started, click Start.
- Make sure Startup type is set to Manual.
- Click OK.
You must have Windows server backup installed first. Then run the following command to start a System State Backup:
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- Type the following commands at a command prompt. Press ENTER after you type each command.
- cd /d %windir%\system32
- Net stop vss
- Net stop swprv
- regsvr32 ole32.dll
- regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
- regsvr32 vss_ps.dll
- vssvc /register
- regsvr32 /i swprv.dll
- regsvr32 /i eventcls.dll
- regsvr32 es.dll
- regsvr32 stdprov.dll
- regsvr32 vssui.dll
- regsvr32 msxml.dll
- regsvr32 msxml3.dll
- regsvr32 msxml4.dll
Note The last command may not run successfully.
- Perform a backup operation to verify that the issue is resolved.
Lately there have been a lot of issues with the “MBR rootkit virus” Here is an article on what it actually does for those interested.
Here are a few tools to assist in removing the virus, most of the time we have had to reinstall the OS. Good luck! 🙂
Kaspersky TDSS Killer
Kaspersky Rescue Disk
To correct the issue when installing the FI5150C driver on windows 7 do the following:
1. Download the drivers for the Fujitsu Fi 5120c and save it on the desktop.
2. Right click on the .exe file and select Properties.
3. Under Properties click on compatibility tab.
4. Check the option “Run this program compatibility mode” and select the Windows Vista option.
5. Click on Apply and Ok.
6. Now install the drivers.
You can refer the following link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows