Andrews County Appraisal District
About Andrews County, Texas
Andrews Country has a population of approximately 15,000 spread over 1,501 square miles of territory located to the west of the state. Under half a square mile of this consists of water. The country was created in 1876 from Tom Green County but later organized in 1910. Andrews County’s economy is heavily influenced by the oil industry but in recent years the county has become famous for its nuclear waste material facilities.
The county seat is Andrews, population a little short of 13,000. Both the city of Andrews and the country are named after Richard Andrews, the first soldier to die in the Texas Revolution.