County Websites in Texas
For county offices, a good website is the best way to keep your property owners and taxpayers informed. BIS proudly hosts 120 websites for Appraisal Districts, Tax Offices, and Taxing Units across the State and can quickly get you and your team set up with a easy-to-use website that is customizable to meet your specific needs.
Let our sites team design and build a website that is compliant, organized, and user-friendly. We can train and equip you and your team to update your website or we can handle website updates for you. BIS-hosted websites provide relevant information in a clean and organized manner enabling the public to easily discover the information they need without calling your office or visiting your customer service desk.
According to Texas Tax Code 26.18, each taxing unit website must contain:
- The name of each member of the commissioner’s court.
- The mailing address, email address and telephone number of the county.
- The official contact information for each member of the commissioner’s court.
- The county’s budget for the previous two years.
- The county’s proposed or adopted budget for the current year.
- The change in the amount of the county’s budget from the preceding year to the current year, by dollar amount and percentage.
- The amount of property tax revenue budgeted for maintenance and operations for the current year and previous two years.
- The amount of property tax revenue budgeted for debt services for the current year and previous two years.
- The tax rate for maintenance and operations adopted by the county for the previous two years.
- The tax rate for debt service adopted by the county for the previous two years.
- The tax rate for maintenance and operations proposed by the taxing unit for the current year.
- The tax rate for debt service proposed by the taxing unit for the current year.
- The most recent financial audit of the county.
We know how busy you are and keeping up with all the new requirements is stressful. Our sites team remove that burden so you can be confident your website meets all necessary state regulations while also being secure and easy-to-use for both your staff and your taxpayers.
Send us an email at email@example.com for more information on getting a BIS-hosted website for your office!